Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bag Check

Here's what I like to bring to a tournament--

Three 16 ounce bottles of gatoraid; each bottle 70% water 30% aid

A small bottle of IB's for pain if I'm sore

two more t-shirts, a pair of shorts, four more pair of socks (I double up when I wear socks........it feels better when I play), two sets of sports underwear.

Coppertone....Sport block if outside

Extra over wraps for my racquets........

Three practice balls...........

Three sports bars.............get the natural kind, the others taste like cardboard

Sports glasses and a hat...........

Wear a warm-up if it is cool.......

Two freshly strung racquets--hopefully both the same.....maybe one strung a little
looser for power and spin and one tighter for more control. If playing inside string 1-2 pounds tighter to suit the faster surface..........if playing on outside courts string a pound or two softer for more power......maybe 3 pounds if on slow clay (yuck!)

Bring book you like to read and don't play cards.........that's a waste of time and money! Some tennis schools actually promote gambling! I've seen it.


Oh............bring two towels......

You can get Wilson sport bags at my shop!

No comments: